Flash TWRP recovery on the HTC One
You will be happy to find out that the Win Recovery Project team, finally released a recovery image files tool, that can be used for the HTC One devices. Read further, and you will be able at the end of this post, to successfully install the TWRP Recovery app on your HTC One. So, follow the steps we`ve presented in this post, and if you don`t manage to finish the installation process, feel free to use the comments section to ask for our help.
Keep in mind that installing the TWRP Recovery tool on your device, will give you access to various settings of your smartphone. Therefore, you will be able to customize your files, or to install new custom ROM`s, which will allow you to improve the performances of your HTC One device. Even more, you`ll gain the power to root your smartphone. So, pay attention to the steps below, and we are sure you will successfully finish the tutorial we`ve prepared, without any problems. This is what you need to do:
- Keep in mind that this tutorial only works with the HTC One device. Please, do not try to use it with other Android phones, or you risk bricking them
- You can learn how to unlock the bootloader (if the case), by checking the tutorial you can find here. Another important aspect, is the fact that the process you are about to start, will erase all of your data that are stored on the internal memory of your HTC One. So, we recommend you to make a backup of the most important files you want to keep. In this way, you can move back on your phone, all of them, after the installation process.
- Next, you should check for the HTC Sync Manager to be installed on your PC.
- Now, go on, to the Android Developer Options, and activate the USB debugging option.
- Next, you should make sure the FAST BOOT option is deactivated. So, move on to Settings – Power menu and disable it, other way, you won`t be able to finish this guide, because the custom Recovery mode will not boot.
- Make sure, you disable all the security restrictions that work on your device.
- You don`t want your phone to switch off during the installation process, so you`d better be sure that your battery life is more than 60% .
- We must mention, that this step by step guide was specially created for pro Android users, so don`t try to apply it, if it`s not your case.
- Remember, that we can`t assume the responsibility in case you`re loosing your files or if you damage your phone during the installation process.
- Feel free to use our comments section to ask for help, if you don`t manage to finish all the steps and successfully install the TWRP Recovery app.
These were the pre steps you needed to follow, in order to move on to the installation process itself.
How to root TWRP Recovery on your HTC One:
- Start the download of the Fastboot zip files from HERE.
- At the end of the download, create a new folder on your desktop computer, and after that extract and save all the zip files in that folder you just created on your PC.
- Now, you need to download the TWRP Recovery zip from HERE or HERE. You you will download a zip version, keep in mind to extract the files into the Fastboot folder. There is the possibility to download directly the recovery .img file, and in this case it won`t be necessary to extract the files, but you still need to save those files in the Fastboot folder. NOTE: in the Fast boot folder there should be 5 files in this moment.
- Next, you have to switch off your smartphone, and turn it into HBOOT/ Bootloader mode. You can do this, by pressing and holding the Power and Volume Down buttons, in the same time. You will know when you can stop pressing those buttons, because the screen of your device should turn on.
- Now, you should choose the FASTBOOT option. Confirm the action, and you will see the HBOOT turning into FASTBOOT USB.
- Next, you should plug in your HTC One into your machine, via USB cable. This is the moment, when all the USB drivers should be installed on your device.
- After that, you`ll need to go back to the Fastboot folder saved on your computer. Now, in the same time, you`ll need to press and hold the SHIFT button placed on your keyboard, and right click on an empty space of this folder. Next, choose ‘open command window here’ and be patient until the Windows Command Prompt window runs.
- Now, you have to type fastboot devices, in the CMD command window. Make sure your phone was identified before moving to the next step. In case your phone is not recognized, go back and install once more, all the USB drivers for your HTC One.
- Go back, and type a new command in CMD: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img . This should help you install the TWRP Recovery on your device.
- At the end of this process, you will be able to see a CMD confirmation text on your screen. This means, that the TWRP Recovery was successfully installed. You can now unplug your smartphone from the machine.
- Now, you have to use your Volume buttons in order to choose HBOOT option on your device. You can select that option by tapping on Power button.
- Check out for the RECOVERY mode to work, by picking the RECOVERY option. You will be able to see when the installation process successfully ends, because your phone should be booting into TWRP Recovery mode at this point.
- To finish this process, you should reboot your phone from the TWRP Recovery options, and after that your HTC One should boot into normal mode.
Congrats! You`ve finished the step by step guide!
If you are interested in having your phone directly booted into TWRP Recovery mode, read further and you`ll find out supplementary directions that will help you out with this:
- Turn off your HTC one smartphone.
- Simultaneously, press down and hold Volume Down and Power buttons. You can release them when your screen turns on.
- When you see the HBOOT menu, you need to repeatedly press the Volume Down button, and you will be able to see the RECOVERY option.
- For booting your phone into TWRP Recovery mode, you should press the Power button.
- After doing that, you`ll need to choose the Reboot option and after that System. At this point, you should have your HTC One booting into normal mode.
You`re done! Now, you should have the TWRP recovery image app, installed on your HTC One
Share your feedback with us, and feel free to ask anything related to this subject, by using our comments section below.
After you successfully completed the steps for the recovery tool, you are now ready to start the root process of your smartphone. Check out the guide we`ve prepared for you, by using the link here. Reading this tutorial, will teach you how to flash new custom ROMs on your smartphone and how to customize it, in order to increase its performances.