How to root HTC One with TWRP or CWM Recovery
HTC One’s launching has been delayed! Still…
HTC One is expected to launch soon and the developers already began to think of ways for rooting the device and try to come on the market with easier and more efficient guides in order to complete the process in no time. Still, we know that you still have to wait for the release of the device, as at first it was scheduled for the 15th of March, but, meanwhile, the delay was announced by different sources, including the SIM free retailer Clove/ Now the UK launch date is expected to be the 29th of March.
Before the device comes on the market you should know how to root it in order to fully take advantage of its apps and tools, from the moment you buy it.Following the tutorial provided, you will be able to root your HTC One smart phone by yourself with ease. And, what’s more important, this is not a time-consuming process. Just be sure you go through all the provided steps.
As you probably know, rooting the HTC One actually means to remove the bloatware and be able to flash new custom ROMs for the phone. So, prepare for an unexpected limitless world you might access if you decide to root.
Pre-rooting useful information
Before we provide you the actual guide, we need to give you some hints regarding the pre-rooting process. So, follow each of the next steps in order to avoid experiencing any problems after you root.
- First and maybe the most important thing you should know is that the HTC One Smartphone is the only device you can use this post for. The post does not provide info for any other smart phone or tablet, so it won’t work on any other devices.
- Then, it is important that rooting the HTC One device will lead to voiding its warranty. So, you want to explore,you lose warranty, this is how it might be translated.
- First step in rooting is actually a whole process of unlocking bootloader. We have already thought of the situation in which your HTC One doesn’t have the bootloader unlocked, so we provide you a link with the step-by-step instructions to do this. Just click HERE and you will be redirected. You should know that the bootloader of the device will lose any data you have saved on the smart phone. So, before you start create a backup of all the necessary files and create a backup on the computer. After you have unlocked the bootloader, come back on this page and continue the rooting.
- You will have no OTA Updates from HTC after you have rooted the device. Just in case you receive them thenceforth, then don’t install them in order not to block the device.
- You should have the TeamWin Projects Recovery (TWRP) or the Clockwork Mode Recovery (CWM) installed on the device. See the links provided at the end of the chapter.
- Does your computer have the HTC Sync Manager installed on it? If it has, proceed to step 8. If it doesn’t, just follow the link and download it from here.
- Don’t forget to disable all the antivirus apps that are active on the computer you will be using for the rooting process
- Your phone should not enter the Recovery mode. So, you should disable the FAST BOOT options. Go to Settings – Power Screen in order to do this.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled in the Android Developer Options.
- In order to prevent your phone to switch off in the middle of the rooting process, you should have the battery level at least more than 60% full. Otherwise, you might get close to the end and be constrained to start over.
- If you lose any data or something happens to your phone, you are the only responsible.
- The step-by-step guide is created in order to be followed step-by-step. So, we kindly ask you to read the entire post and follow all the steps
- In case you feel like asking anything on the topic, feel free to contact us through the comments section specially provided for you.
- You can download the TWRP Recovery for HTC One here.Also, you will have a step-by-step tutorial in order to install the tool
- You can download the CWM Recovery for HTC One here. Also, the link includes a step-by-step tutorial in order to install the tool
Now that is about all, before we can actually start rooting the device.
Step-by-step tutorial on how to root HTC One using TWRP or CWM Recoveries:
Step 1: First step you should do is download the root zip file. You can follow the link provided here.
Step 2: Now you should copy the root file to your HTC One internal SDcard, with the help of the USB data cable. You should not extract the contents of the roothcone.zip file. When the files are copied, you should disconnect the smart phone from the computer.
Step 3: Boot your phone into HBOOT or Bootloader Mode. You will do that by pressing and holding the Volume Down and Power buttons until the display powers on. You can use the volume down button in order to go to the Recovery option and press the Power button in order to confirm the booting into Recovery mode.
Step 4: Now the flashing of the root zip depends on the Recovery tool (TWRP or CWM).
So, if you use the TWRP Recovery: press the “Install” option. Then browse the contents of the phone’s internal SD card and load the Root HTC One zip file. Just slide the circle at the phone’s bottom part of the display and just wait for the rooting file to finish installing.
In case you use CWM Recovery, things are easier here: select the “install zip from sdcard” and then “choose zip from sdcard”. Then select the root HTC One zip file and confirm the process. It will start to install.
Step 5: After the root file is completely installed, just restart the smartphone. We insist on respecting this step also, as you might expect for the device to slow down when used for more apps at a time, if you don’t restart now.
Step 6: After the reboot, just log into Play Store from the main menu and download the BusyBox app. BusyBox will give you additional LINUX/UNIX based commands. As some commands are not available to the regular users, you will need the tool in order to use them in the rooting tasks. See the link here and download the app.
Step 7: After you have the BusyBox app, open it. When you are asked about the Superuser access, press the “Grant” option.
Step 8:You will receive a welcoming alert; you can close it. After this another message will be displayed on the screen saying that “Smart install has finished loading”. You can close this message also.
Step 9:In order to flash all BusyBox files, just click Install and then select the Normal Install.It will be ready in less than 2 minutes.
Step 10: You will receive a congratulation message after the BusyBox root files have been flashed. Close the message and proceed to step 11.
Step 11: And the last step is actually a step you should follow each time an application asks you for root access. You have to grant it in order to work.
Now that’s about all. Rooting has been completed, your device is now ready to be explored. See? It wasn’t that hard. You just had to use a Recovery mode and the suitable root files.
Now, just start finding the perfect tools for your device, as now you can improve the performances of the smartphone and make your life easier at the same time, with different apps. Don’t forget, in case you have other questions on the topic, please do contact us through the comments section below or using other media channels.
Stay tuned to our site in order to be the first who finds out about the release of the HTC One. If you are not interested in this subject anymore, we invite you to browse other news and info about Android and much more. You can also stay connected on our social media channels. You can either choose Facebook, Twitter or Google +. See you there soon!