How to Root Verizon Galaxy S4 on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean VRUAMD2 Firmware
Good news for those of you who are owning the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 handset running the VRUAMD2 firmware, you can now root your smartphone. The not so good part is that there aren’t so many models of Galaxy S4 rooting procedures launched by Chainfire yet, but as far as we could see more and more methods will be slowly launched by the team of Chainfire. Read further and you’ll learn how to root your Verizon Galaxy S4 smartphone.
Keep in mind: The root process will not interfere with the Boot loader in any way. After you’ve rooted your device, if by any reason you want to come back to the initial firmware, you just need to re-run the official software.
- Make sure you backed-up all the data you want to save from your smartphone by following the steps below, and do not use the Samsung KIES because it’s quite possible that your handsets will not find all of your files with the KIES app after the installation of the update, considering the fact that the update is not yet available for your country.
- Contacts – you need to sync them with the Gmail app
- SMS – you can save them by using the “SMS Backup and Restore app“
- Images, Files, Songs, Videos – you can save them on your Internal / External SD card
- Call Log – use Call Log and Restore
- MMS and APN Settings – copy the info from Applications – Settings – Wireless and Network – Mobile Networks – Access Point Names.
- Next, you need to activate the USB Debugging so go to Settings – Applications – Development – USB debugging . Keep in mind that your battery life should be more than 30% because you don’t want to risk your device switching off during the installation process. Also, make sure you Disable / Uninstall all the security programs installed on your smartphone.
- Make sure you go to Settings and enable the ‘Unknown sources’ and after that check for the ‘Verify apps via USB’ option into Developer Mode to be Disabled.
Disavowal: Please pay attention to all the instructions you see in this post, because if you’re bricking your phone because you’re not correctly following the steps presented we can’t be blamed for the brick of your device. But, if you’re facing any issues during the installation process we will try to help you with everything we can.
Hoping that you’ve managed to correctly follow the steps we’ve mentioned before, you should move to the next step and read the complete guide on ‘how to root your Galaxy S4′ that we’ve prepared for you in the rest of this article.
How to root your Verizon Galaxy S4 on VRUAMD2 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Guide
- First of all, you need to make sure your smartphone is running on VRUAMD2 firmware and in order to see that you need to go to Settings – More – About Device – Baseband Version.
- Next, you need to download in your computer the Odin app and the Rooting Package. After the download, extract both of files into your PC.
- Turn off your phone in order to enter the Download mode and run the Odin tool into your machine. If you didn’t know, you can enter your Galaxy S4 into Download mode by pressing and holding two buttons simultaneously: the OK button and the Volume Down key. While still holding them, press the Power Button as well. Next, you should see a Warning notification and at that point you need to press the Volume Up button in order to enter the Download Mode.
- Now, link your Samsung Galaxy S4 to your computer through the original USB cable and after that select the root file from the PDA zip package you’ve extracted at the beginning.
- Next, you just need to click ‘START’ and the root installation process should begin. Your device will be rebooted at the end of the root process.
- If you need to check over if your device is rooted or not, you can use the Root Checker app which can be found out on Google Play Store.
Keep in mind: If by any rare chance your Samsung Galaxy S4 can’t be turned ON, or if you see that it got blocked at the Samsung Logo, all you need to do is to press the Power Button for a while and switch the phone off, or re-introduce the battery and read all the steps once more as you re-start the process from the first step.
Please feel free to use the comment section below if you’re facing any issues during the installation process. We will give our best to help you with everything we know.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.