How to SIM unlock Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 for free
If you happen to have your mind set on purchasing yourself a new Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 on contract, then do first of all take note that it is going to implicitly be SIM-locked by default unfortunately. So this translates into your not being able to make use of it on any other carrier whatsoever, no matter what country it comes from.
So what you need to do if you are planning on using your SIM on another carrier but the one on contract – is to simply get your Galaxy S2 device unlocked. Once you unlock it, it shall automatically be SIM free and then you can freely use it for any type of SIM of your liking.
The process of the actual unlocking is not that complicated, but there are a few pre-requirements that we need to look at in advance. So what you need to know first is that your Galaxy S2 must be rooted, and this implies that its warranty shall become void – and this is an important aspect to take in. Secondly, there are other risks involved here – and one of the key ones is that when proceeding with the unlocking process, you subject yourself to the risk of bricking your device, so this whole process is performed at your own risk. Our responsibility was to have tested bothboth the root and unlock methods on multiple occasions and our results have lead us to conclude upon the safety of the process, but in order for you to succeed with it as well – you have to follow all the instructions accordingly and do not skip anything along the process.
Now that you have decided to go ahead with this, let’s see what the actual steps in this direction are.
There are a series of guidelines for applying a root on your device and this is also dependable on the type of ROM that your device is running on. You can therefore just root your device by simply running Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 XXLPS, XWLP3 or XXLPQ.
As soon as you have applied the root on your device, you can proceed to unlocking it and in order to do this you need to go to Google Play and make sure you download and install an app and then also run it. Please find below the steps you need to take to unlock your device:
- First of all, you need to download and install Galaxy S2 SIM unlock – find the link here.
- You need to check your battery level as it has to at least be 30% full. The process shall take a while and you want to avoid your device shutting down while ongoing.
- Then go ahead and launch the application then simply tap “SIM unlock code”.
- As soon as you are given the code, make sure you note it down and then instantly shut down your device.
- Now just make sure you insert a SIM from a different carrier and then turn on your phone.
- You will be required to insert the code that you were previously given, so you will have to use the one you noted down.
- There should be no issues with your code, so if it work then your device is now unlocked. However, if your code does not work and you have not succeeded with the unlocking, then it is best not to try it again because you risk that your device should get frozen.
Congratulations are in order now as you have (hopefully) managed to successfully unlock your Samsung Galaxy S2 device. Should you happen to have had any issues along the process, then please do not hesitate to signalize them to us and we shall look into them as soon as possible. Good luck!