How to update Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 to Android 4.2.2 Jellybean Looking Firmware
We have very good news for you so you’d better listen up. If you are having a Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 smartphone then just pay attention for one second. You can now simply choose to update it with one of the most sort of the custom ROM firmwares which is dubbed as Jellybean ROM. What’s so special about the Jellybean ROM is that it comes with the latest and stable Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware. But the best part is yet to come – and when I say that I am referring that it pretty much incorporates the design of Samsung Galaxy S2 and comes with the TW4 Touch Wiz User interface, Galaxy S2 Wallpapers, Galaxy S2 icons, Galaxy S2 sounds, smooth scrolling, Jellybean 4.2.2 status bar, Galaxy S3 launcher, Galaxy S3 Music player to name few. If I have sold this to you already – which I am sure I must have – we should together go through the process via which you can go ahead and apply this firmware update in your device.
As an additional Note: Do please be informed that this firmware is solely applicable for Galaxy ACE S5830 model and not for Galaxy S5830i model. Make sure you check our upcoming articles for similar update for Galaxy ACE S5830i model very soon. To reiterate, only attempt to perform this action on the models mentioned above, and not on any others, as you might end up bricking your phone.
Just a few brief Pre Requisites before we get to the actual steps, as generally:
- Data backup: Do note that all the data in your Galaxy ACE should be backed up ONLY by making use of below mentioned steps. I must once again highlight that you should not use KIES or ROM Manager for backing up the data.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Now you will also have to make sure you do not forget to enable the USB Debugging. In order to do so, just follow the next path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and also you will have to ensure that the minimum battery life should be 30% as it is mandatory to ensure that your device does not shut down right in the middle of update.
- If you have proceeded with the above mentioned steps, also Disable / uninstall all the security suites installed in your phone as these tools may interrupt the process of firmware update.
- In addition – taking into consideration that this is the custom ROM firmware, you will have to make sure that you have rooted your Galaxy ACE S5830 on any firmware. If you are not sure – you can simply go ahead and check on whether your Galaxy ACE is rooted or not, download “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store. In the scenario that the device is actually not rooted, you will have to make sure you root it and you can proceed with this by strictly reading and following the below mentioned steps:
As we are now done with all the pre-requisite steps, it is now high time to move on to the actual detailed guide on how to successfully apply this firmware update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy ACE S5830 with Jellybean 4.2.2 Styled Firmware:
- As you are now already accustomed to – you shall before hand need to make sure you download the Jellybean Firmware Package for Galaxy ACE from here to your computer. As soon as you have successfully managed to get it downloaded, you have to proceed by connecting your phone to the computer and you will do this by using the actual original USB cable and place the zip file in the device.
- As a next step you need to disconnect the device and then install the ROM Manager app from the PLAY Store.
- Now that you have finalized the first 2 steps – just open ROM Manager app and select “FLASH Clock Work mod Recovery” as this will ensure that the custom recovery image is flashed. In order to finalize this step as well you have to next select “Reboot in Recovery Mode” and you will in this way enter your device into recovery mode.
- Now that you have enabled the recovery mode, you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then also select the placed Jellybean 4.2.2 Custom ROM Firmware.
- Moreover, as soon as the firmware file is selected, do note that the actual applying procedure shall last around 4-5 minute to be more exact, but this time might of course vary. Once the update is completed,the “install from sd card completed” should then be displayed immediately. When that happens, just make sure you select “go back” and choose the option of “Reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
As an additional Tip: In the scenario that your Galaxy ACE device fails to power up or if you see that it gets into the boot loop mode, you will have to make sure that you do insert the battery once more and as soon as you have done this, I am afraid that you can start over with the firmware process update straight from the very beginning by applying the same steps we have provided above. Make sure you do not skip any steps whatsoever.
- You are already done, but all there is left for you to do is to check the firmware version, so in order to do so just head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” where the firmware version will be mentioned.
Congratulations – you have successfully update your Galaxy ACE S5830, so this means that the process has worked properly for you.
Just make sure you do not skip any of the steps we have mentioned above – and also come back to us with a feedback on the topic, once you try it out.