How to update Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670 with Android 2.3.6 DDKT3 Official Value Pack
Stay tuned with us to find out that the Samsung Galaxy Fit S5670 can now get updated with the most recent Value Pack dubbed as Gingerbread 2.3.6 which is DDKT3. To confirm – this firmware has been actually officially pushed to the whole Samsung Galaxy FIT series of devices all around the world and it furthermore addresses and brings improvements to all the issues that are basically connected to the over-heating of the device. It also brings bug fixes in UI as a novelty.
But the negative side of the whole story is that we shall get no ICS or Jellybean firmware updates for Galaxy FIT device. However you don’t need to loose too much sleep over it, as we will take it upon ourselves to make sure that your device never runs on the outdated firmware.
Therefore we promise to keep you updated with the latest news when it comes to either custom ROM firmware or the Official Value Pack updates from Samsung, so just keep an eye on us.
Note: Do be informed that if you go ahead with applying this DDKT3 Value Pack Update you will not also manage to root the device in any manner and also the warranty will not become void. Just in case if your phone is on the custom ROM firmware, after applying with this update the warranty can be reclaimed.
Disclaimer: It is important that you follow all the instructions mentioned in this article accordingly, as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Also make sure you come back and let us know if you encounter any issues so that we can check into it.
Essential Pre Requisites:
- Do also note that even though this firmware DDKT3 is the official firmware update released by Samsung, it’s still highly recommended that you install the firmware after clean wiping the device. Do not forget to do a backup of all the data so in order to back it up just use the steps that follow and do not use the alternative the ROM Manager or KIES method
When it comes to SMS – it is important to make sure that your texts are backed up and also restored
Then next to Contacts – you need to establish a sync with your Google account
Moving on to Call Log - just also restore it too
The Images, Songs, Videos, Files chapter – You have to make sure you ensure an internal or external SD copy too, as you prefer
Back to the APN and MMS settings– this are the steps that you need to take via this path“ First access Applications, then go to Settings, then jump to Wireless and Network, next to Mobile Networks and last but not least toAccess Point Names” and you are done for now.
- Now if you are done with the previous steps and you made sure that you have created a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps, what you need to do next is to turn Off your phone so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode. The Samsung Galaxy FIT S5670 can be entered into the recovery mode by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- Also – when in recovery mode, you have to select “clear cache” and “wipe data / factory reset” which will erase all the data in your device to process for the clean installation. Do note that once the data has been wiped, you have to next select “reboot system now” for rebooting the device.
- You once again need to follow these steps, so start off with going to Settings, then to applications next , move on to Development and lastly to the USB debugging option and you shall therefore have activated the SUB Debugging Mode. Do not forget that you should before hand charge your phone and ensure that it has at least 40% battery left in it, otherwise you subject yourself to bricking your phone if your device suddenly shuts down wile you do your firmware update process.
Disclaimer: You must make sure you do actually follow all the instructions mentioned in this article accordingly as presented, as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Do also let us know if you happen to encounter any issues along the way so that we can look into it.
Now that we have settled these issues we should proceed further to the other part of this post and you will there catch up with a detailed and insightful guideline to learn how to do an update on your Galaxy FIT S5670 with the Value Pack Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware.
How to ensure an update on your Galaxy FIT S5670 with Value Pack Gingerbread 2.3.6 DDKT3:
- Make sure you first Download Gingerbread 2.3.6 DDKT3 Firmware package and the ODIN file too onto the computer you have prepared for this. Once downloaded, extract both of these files to preferably Desktop.
- Next you need to simply open Odin afterwards and make sure and switch your device off enabling it therefore to go into Download Mode.
- It is now when the Galaxy FIT S 5670 can be entered into the download mode, and if you proceed with this just press on the Volume down button as well as the Home key one, which you can find in the middle of the device. As you hold these both buttons down, you must also make sure you turn your device on.
- The Download Mode screen in your phone should be now displayed, so this is the sign that you need to connect your device to the computer with the help of ORIGINAL USB cable and afterwards you shall notice that the ID: COM section will turn Yellow which indicates the installation of all the drivers.
- In Odin click on “OPS” to select “GIO_v1.0.ops” and then at the bottom of the Odin, click on “One Package” and select “S5670DDKT3_S5670ODDKT2_S5670DDKT2_HOME.tar.md5” to click on Start for starting this action of updating your firmware. Once the firmware is updated successfully and once you see the home screen in your phone, you can disconnect the device from computer.
- As a last step you should also make sure to check and see if the update of your firmware has been successfully, so in order to do this you need to follow this path and check: Go to settings, then jump to About Phone and lastly to Firmware Version”where the firmware version will appear as Gingerbread 2.3.6 DDKT3.
Note: Do note that it might happen the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, then do not panic, but simply just put in the battery and then take all of the above instructions that we have provided from the beginning and start the process all over again.
This was it – congratulations for you have now successfully applied the update of Value Pack Gingerbread 2.3.6 DDKT3 in your Galaxy GIO. We are looking forward to your feedback and let us know if you encounter any issues along the way so that we can check on them.