Install CWM Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660
It`s quite normal after you root your Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660 Android smartphone to install a custom Recovery Image as well. By installing this app, you will be able to flash new custom ROMs on your phone, and you can backup your most important files stored on your actual ROM. This way, you can be sure you won`t loose anything if you encounter any issue during the installation process, because you`ll have the possibility to go back to your previous firmware. You will be happy to find out that the notorious ClockworkMod Recovery is working with the Galaxy Gio S5660 and if you read further, and follow the steps below, you will learn what you need to do:
I. Things you need to know before you start:
- Make sure you successfully rooted your phone, before starting to install the ClockworkMod Recovery tool.
- This procedure will make the CWM Recovery take the place of your actual recovery.
II. Download the necessary files:
- The ClockworkMod Recovery tool.
III. Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660:
- Download the CWM Recovery app and save it into your computer`s Desktop.
- Plug in your phone into your Computer via USB cable.
- Next, you need to move the CWM Recovery into the root of your device`s SD card.
- After that, you can disconnect your phone from the computer.
- Switch off your smartphone.
- Now, you need to press and hold two buttons in the same time: the Power button and the Home button. This way, your phone will enter the Recovery Mode.
- When your device enters the Recovery mode, you have to choose the ‘apply update from sd card’ option.
- Next, you have to choose the CWM Recovery file you saved before on your phone.
- Now, you will see the app installing on your phone.
- At the end of the process, you should reboot your phone.
- And you`re done!
Congrats! At this point, the ClockworkMod Recovery app should be installed on your Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660, so you should have the opportunity to instal on your phone, any new custom ROMs and Mods you might want.
If you are interested in having new custom ROMs installed on your device, we recommend you to read a tutorial and learn how to do it.
Feel free to use our comments section below to give us your feedback or ask for help if you don`t manage to complete this procedure.