Root Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105
Great to talk about this today! But first of all just check out this is the right post for you, as I am going to treat the topic from the perspective of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7105 owner – and moreover, provide you with a different solution of a root procedure in case you have not initially managed to get it going on with the one-click root alternative. So if you find yourself into this category, then don’t lose hope – I am here to give you a summary guide into this, and if you do take your time to follow our guidance accordingly and you shall get there in no time. But this alternative path will take you through a few different steps before you reach the final destination, so besides your trusting us you have to also free up a bit of your time. But as mentioned there is no need to worry if you simply new to the whole process – we will take it up to ourselves to provide clear guidance, to make you understand each and every step that must be performed – and there is a lot of detail that you shall be able to relate to. Do not imagine that this is a very long lasting process, as it really is not, however I will need you to understand something from the get go. This is not an easy operation you are embarking upon – so if you want to be granted root access for your LTE Galaxy Note 2 just make sure you can embrace the fact that there are also risked attached along the way, and the process we are about to explain to you needs to be followed exactly. Therefore do take your time to check out all there is to know in the article, make sure you understand the basic concepts and that you can follow them accordingly, and only after you believe to have grasped everything correctly can you start to proceed with this installation operation. As mentioned, there are also risks involved in the whole procedure, and we must warn you that the main condition is that all instructions are done as such, as damage and bricking of your phablet might occur. Now that we have taken all of these out of the way, here we go, stick with us.
Moreover – just to be clear – all of the above are currently unofficial procedures – so in order for you to perform them correctly you need to check out the steps individually and be armed with a lot of patience to go through them. But let’s see what you will not to do exactly and what are the main steps or procedures that we need to go through. So assuming that you are in the need to updating your device with a custom ROM firmware, then what you need to know first is how to root the Note 2. This is also applicable if you have in mind the possibility of gaining access to your phablet’s internal system and settings. What exactly does the rooting of an OS mean? Well it first of all implies that you can get out of the limitations of factory restrictions or even default settings that are equipped in your device’s system. So once you root an OS you will therefore be able to state that you then have a free or even unchained device.
And the list of advantages does not stop here, because a successful rooting of an OS automatically leads to your being able to update and improve your device’s performances in so many ways that you shall always be happy you did this rooting. And let’s see what exactly falls under this category of improving your Galaxy Note 2′s performance. I would initially start with the possibility of getting rid of the by default programs which will automatically have a great contribution to an overall increase in your device’s speeds. Then you could also benefit from the installing of custom apps, and we could here name the CWM recovery –for which you shall need t root access if you want to ensure a smooth and proper running. Once you have this, a sea of possibilities opens up – among which we should enumerate the chance of performing maintenance or even ensure that you add optimizing features, enjoying a lot of features that are related to the customizing aspects, do backing up of data, then also restoring it, hard resetting many other similar type of procedures.) I would like to also highlight the flash custom ROMs, and I will tell you why right now. They are going to also contribute to having additional features, new applications and different features added to your device without any issues whatsoever and in no time too. But again – as I have already previously mentioned – just keep your eyes alert and perform all these steps accordingly as it is an unofficial set of procedures we are now discussing, whose turnout might not be the desired one, if not followed correctly. No need to worry or panic, just to follow the steps.
Ok – so let’s say that you have decided you want to go through with all of these so that you could later on enjoy a more complex usage on your device. Just keep in mind that there are also a few other things you need to take into account before you proceed with it. For instance, once you decide that you want to go through with the rooting of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7105 , be informed that the warranty shall become automatically void. But not all is lost – you do have the possibility to restore it of you do downgrade to in-the-box ROM. And this is not all there is – you could also restore it if you want to update to an official Android OS that Samsung previously brought to the market. At least there are some options available, right? But again – this is not all – and if you do want to reinstate the warranty you shall also have to act on the flash counter without delay and reset it. I am sure there is a lot to take in now and the info keeps on coming and striking you in the face, but it’s not that complicated if you deconstruct the steps one at a time. What you basically have to bear in mind is that you have to first apply a rooting on your Note 2 in order to be able to have access to the internal system. Secondly, once you have managed to have your system rooted , then you can automatically boost the performances of your device and this is a great thing for you to enjoy. Thirdly, a multitude of options become available, and among them we should mention that you can proceed to installing advanced applications and custom ROMs. And the last thing on the list so far is that you must remember that the warranty shall shall expire once the first steps of the root operation kick in. I have summarized the beginning of our guide in a few ideas so that it’s easier for you to understand.
Once you get your head around all of these, you will have to move your attention to the backup chapter, but don’t worry about it straight from the beginning, there is no point, only now can you start taking care of it. Having these in mind – you must make sure you do back up your Galaxy Note 2 data, and if you wonder why I will explain immediately. It might be at some point necessary that a system wiping is mandatory, so you don’t want to be caught off guard, right? But we will get into more detail with this later on, as we proceed with the steps. In order to root your Note 2 device we will make use of Odin – and we are lucky in this case because when you normally use Odin there aren’t too many issues that can come up when it concerns your data. But technology is technology and errors might occur at any point, so just to make sure you are prepared for any scenarios – it would be highly advisable you should definitely proceed with saving all your data, so that your own data containing saves or even contact numbers, SMS, applications or even EFS settings are safe and sound. OK, now that you know please do backup your data and then you can continue with the next steps.
We are almost close to the actual steps, but I want to highlight a few more aspects as well to have it all nice and clear. Please make sure you have some time on your hands to start with this process and, just because you shall be performing all of the steps manually – be prepared to be downloading and also installing some of the required tools all by yourselves. There are thus three things that are mandatory for you to have next to you – and these are PC that runs on Windows, then your Galaxy Note 2 and the last one on the list – its USB cable. Before you get going, you should take some more caution steps – and in order for all of the steps to go accordingly to plan – we recommend that you first and foremost start with the removal of the security programs and not only on your computer, but on your device too. Another important point to be made now is related to the battery – and if there is only a little over the 50% half power left on your device, then it’s best to charge it fully, so just get the charger and plug it in. Please also make sure you also must activate the USB debugging option on your device, because this is a precondition if you want to be able to make the connection between the Note to your computer. Before I get straight to the steps themselves – I must reiterate the statement made at the beginning of the article – these steps are only applicable for the rooting of the LTE variant of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (N7105), so if you do not have one of these devices, then please sit this one out and I am sure you shall find a related guide for your device in no time. Just check our site out.
Easy Steps for Rooting Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105
- The first step behind this process is to ensure the downloading of the CF-Root file from here.
- Secondly, please proceed with another download – this time you need for Odin from here.
- Now that you have completed the 2 downloads, please check them out n your computer and then simply extract both files.
- The fourth step is the installing and implicit running of Odin on your computer.
- You will also now have to simply do another downloading, and we are now talking about one concerning the Samsung KIES and then immediately go to the valid drivers for the Note 2 and get them installed too.
- Now that you have already reached step 6, what you have to do is take the phablet and turn it off.
- To continue - you have some other steps for rebooting to download mode (in order for you to do this, you first have to hold on the Home, then Volume Up and also on the Power buttons – these have to be all pressed simultaneously).
- It’s not that hard now. You need to set eyes on the USB cord and ensure the connection between the handset and your PC.
- It should now be able to make the connection, so you now need to turn your attention to Odin and have these coordinates in place: remember that some colors should now highlight the message displayed in the ID:COM section, and these colors are either yellow or blue.
- Just in case you do not get this, then you have to close down Odin, proceed with taking the USB cable out and you shall have to next install the drivers on your PC one more. Do not panic, it’s simple to restore.
- Back to the initial track. So we are now in Odin, and from here on you have to select the “pda” and afterwards go to your computer and take care of choosing the root file once there.
- As previously mentioned, you need to have th e“Repartition” option not ticked. Just make sure it isn’t.
- You will have to now press on “Start”; and once you do this – the “pass” message shall show up after some while.
- Getting back to the Odin steps, as this is the one that might give you a headache (hopefully not however). So – to make sure we got it right – what happens if Odin is completely untouchable while you are performing the steps we have initially presented. You will then have to shut it down and then take out the USB cable and apply a forced restart on your gadget; then all you need to do is to re-start the root procedure from the beginning.
- And there is another error you might meet up in the end – and I am now referring to a potential boot loop. You will need to open the Note 2 into recovery mode here too (if you are wondering how exactly you can do this, simply hold down the Home, Volume Up and Power buttons at the same time) and as soon as you do that also do a wiping too (and you can do this too by selecting the “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition” options. After that also check the “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now” options too).
You can now breathe happily – we have managed to reach the final destination – so you are now the lucky user of a rooted Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE. It wasn’t that bad I hope and I am sure that it is going to be worth it, just let us know!
But we now at the end have to mention the guys who tested and also developed these steps of the guide – the xda-developers who have helped us all improve our phablet’s performances. Thank you! Now that you have completed the process there is no need for you to keep lingering, but it’s high time you start to apply a custom recovery image or perhaps even a custom ROM firmware on your device. Just make sure you keep posted with our articles if you are curious to see what we have in store for you next. Please share your thoughts on the topic with us here and let us know if you have managed to successfully meet all the points presented above. Best of luck to you!