Unroot Motorola Droid Razr HD XT926
You might have found yourself in the situation when you simply can’t stop spicing up your Verizon Motorola Droid Razr HD XT926 device, especially when you discover a new feature or function. But that can cost you, cause some of these changes can make you lose your hundred dollar contract or warranty. All of you know the taste of freedom, that rooting your device can give you, but you also must be aware of the fact that you won’t be able to turn for help to Verizon, because you lost the phone’s warranty. If this is your case as well, then worry not my friend, cause we found an easy and short manner for you to go back to the stock firmware and to cancel the root access.
You must be thankful to Pzyduck, one of the members of the XDA Developers, for making this procedure available for Droid Razr HD devices, thus allowing the users to restore the stock firmware. Also, this procedure can help you especially if you somehow soft-bricked your device, due to inappropriate flashing procedures.
Remember that this tutorial will teach you how to revert the Droid Razr HD XT926 to stock firmware and how to cancel the root access.
Be aware of the following:
- The steps presented in this article, will only work on the device Verizon Motorola Droid Razr HD, model XT926. However, if you disregard this info, you might end up bricking that other device or model.
- Considering that your case could be unique and the circumstances can differ for any device, keep in mind that we cannot guarantee success at 100%. So, please treat this tutorial as educational and instructional.
- You will be using this guide on your own responsibility, and remember that we cannot be held liable or responsible if something bad happens to your device.
- Before proceeding to the actual tutorial, make sure you fully understand the steps presented below. Read the entire information thoroughly, before applying anything on your phone.
- Obviously, your Verizon Motorola Droid Razr HD XT926 has to be rooted in order for the guide to work.
- Search our tutorial about rooting the Droid Razr HD XT926
- Now, open the Settings Menu, then the option Developer and tap on the USB debugging option, as this feature needs to be active.
- Next, you must download the files below:
- Drivers for the Motorola device – search for MotorolaDeviceManager_2.3.4.exe, 31.5 MB, on our site
- RSD Lite 6.1.4 – file named RSDLite_v6.1.4.zip, 5.84 MB
- The stock firmware and the fastboot files – search for VZW_XT926_4.0.4-7.7.1Q-144_VQW_S3-34-25_CFC.xml.zip, 605.3 MB. also on our site
- Your phone should have at least 70% battery left, because otherwise you risk its shutdown during the process, and we don’t know what data can be lost if that happens.
- Before beginning the actual process, save all the data you’ll need further. This includes SMS messages, contacts, Wi-Fi passwords, MMS and Internet settings, and so on. It’s not a must, but this operation might delete them. If u need any info regarding the backup, follow or tutorials about syncing you data to the cloud, or how to create local backups for your stored data.
- If u need any info regarding the backup, follow our tutorials about syncing your data to the cloud, or how to create local backups for your stored data.
- Extract the firmware file on your PC.
- In the extracted folder you’ll see the file VZW_XT926_4.0.4-7.7.1Q-144_VQW_S3-34-25_CFC.xml .
- Using Notepad, open the file and delete the lines containing the word getvar. When you’re done, save the file again.
- Now, open the program RSD Lite and click on the button “…”. Now browse on your PC and select the XML file previously edited in Notepad.
- Next, you’ll have to put your device into AP Fastboot Mode. Here’s how to do so: Shut Down your device, and after that, press simultaneously on the keys Power, Volume Down and Volume Down. Now you will enter the Boot selection Mode. Here, scroll until you see the AP Fastboot option and select it.
- The following step is to connect the device to the computer, using its USB cable. The PC should recognize your phone as XT926.
- After you click on the Start button from the RSD Lite program, the flashing will begin, and it would last around 20 minutes, maximum.
- When the procedure is done, your device will be rebooted in the stock firmware.
Very well done! Now, you can enjoy again the unrooted version of your Verizon Motorola Droid Razr HD XT926 and its stock firmware. What do you think about this? Leave us a comment below.