Update AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 I727 SkyRocket to official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Jellybean 4.1.2 UCMC1 version for Samsung AT & T Galaxy S2 I727 Skyrocket is now available
This article is specific for the Samsung AT & T Galaxy S2 I727 Skyrocket users who would like to update to the latest version of Jellybean 4.1.2, which is the UCMC1. From our information, there were many users waiting for the official release of the version and this time we present it to you with a step-by-step tutorial on how to update by yourself
You will see that the steps are divided into 2: requisites which are regular things to do before you start the actual update and the detailed tutorial on how to get the latest firmware version suitable for your Samsung AT & T Galaxy S2 I727 Skyrocket device.
Note: Before you start we would like to confirm that this is an Official firmware version released by the Samsung company. It is not a beta or custom ROM firmware, so if you decide to apply this update the warranty of your device will not be harmed in any way. Also, this update will not root your device. So, it is completely safe and convenient
If you are not yet convinced that you want to update, we have prepared a list of changes the new version brings and you can see it below.
List of new features & change logs the UCMC 1 Jellybean 4.1.2 brings:
- You can enjoy a full user interface revamp – this is comparable to the one for Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II
- It provides Samsung Cloud services
- The camera features are improved
- TouchWiz Nature UX
- Direct Call, Smart Stay, Pop-up Play and other such New Features.
- New Widgets which come from the Galaxy S III
- A lock screen that brings in many customization options
Did the above convince you to try this update? Then, it’s time to start with the first step of the process, the pre requisites:
- If you still want to keep your data on the Galaxy Skyrocket S2 Skyrocket device powered by AT&T, then we strongly recommend you to back up all of the necessary files. In order to do so, you have two options: either you use the KIES tool (you have to download it first); either you back up manually, which might be safer. In this case, you have specific actions for each file (see the list below):
For Contacts use your Gmail account to sync the address book. You can do this by Sync with the Gmail application.
For SMS, use the SMS Backup & Restore app
For Call logs use the Call Log and Restore
For other files, such as images, songs, videos, documents, all you have to do is copy to internal or external SD card.
In case you need the APN and MMS Settings, please follow the provided path: Go to Applications and select Settings, then Wireless and Network, where you can find the Mobile Networks and then Access Point Names
- The USB Debugging Mode in your computer should be enabled. In order to do this, you should select the USB Debugging from the Development. In order to get there go to Settings and select Applications – you will find the Development option there.
- Your battery should be at least 40% charged; in case the device gets turned off in the middle of the firmware update, then you should start the whole process from the very beginning and you might lose patience.
Disclaimer: We do not assume any responsibility of liability for the damages you might cause to your device in the case you follow the instructions not accordingly or you skip one of the essential steps.
Now that you are done with the pre requisites above, you can move forward to the next steps that present the step-by-step tutorial on how to apply this update.
Step-by-step tutorial on how to Update the AT&T Galaxy S2 SkyRocket with UCMC1 version of Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
Step 1: You need to have on your computer both the UCMC1 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Package and the Odin tool on your computer. They can be downloaded from here and, once you download them, extract the files.
Step 2: Now it’s time to open the Odin tool and enter the phone in Download mode. In order to do so, you need to have the device turned off and proceed to pressing the volume down and menu button at the same time. While you hold these, press the Power button in order to start the device. And this is it; it should now be in download mode.
Step 3: Now use an original USB cable in order to connect your device to the computer. Once connected you will see the ID: COM section turning yellow, which means that all the drivers have been successfully installed.
Step 4: For this step all you have to do is click on the “PDA” in order to select the .tar format file. This file will be obtained after the extraction of the firmware file of UCMC 1. Then, click on Start and the process of firmware update will begin. The duration is of 3 to 5 minutes, according to the speed of your device. At the moment the update is applied accordingly, the device will automatically reboot.
And this is it. There is still one optional step, which we recommend to follow in case you want to be sure you have applied the update accordingly.
Step 5: Check if the firmware was updated successfully by following the path: Settings – About Phone – Firmware version. The displayed firmware version should be Jellybean 4.1.2 UCMC1.
Note: In case the device gets stuck in the welcome screen or gets into the boot loop section, then all you have to do is re insert the battery and start over with all the instructions above.
Did you manage to update with the Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware? If so, let us know which are your impressions and how easy was the process, through the comments section below.
Stay tuned on our site in order to find out how to root your Galaxy S2 Sky Rocket, install the custom ROM firmware and more about the Android devices. You can also connect with us on our social media channels: Google +, Facebook and Twitter!