Update Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9205 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUAMEA
Good news for those of you who own the latest smartphone from Samsung, the Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE GT-I9205. You can now update this smartphone with the most recent variant of Jelly Bean 4.2.2, with the code number XXUAMEA. One of the best improvements brought to the software is, in our opinion, the Camera app bug fixes, and they also solved the overheating issues that the device used to have. If you are in one of those areas where the update hasn’t been automatically pushed on devices, then you can apply the update manually. Before beginning, we recommend you to take a look at the preparations you should make in order to ensure that the update process will run smoothly and without any interference.
- The first step would be to backup the information and data you have stored on your Galaxy S2 so far and below you will find the information necessary for doing so. This preparation is necessary because if something goes wrong or the data gets corrupted you will be able to recover them. Another thing you should be aware is that you cannot use KIES because you might not be able to restore all the data.
How to backup the SMS messages– Follow this link “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
How to backup your Contacts – Use these instructions Sync with the Gmail application,
How to backup Call Logs – Follow this path Call Log and Restore
How to backup Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy them on the internal or External SD Card,as that partitin won’t be influenced during the update operation
How to backup APN and MMS Settings – Go to Applications, Settings, Wireless and Network, Mobile Networks, Access Point Names
- The next thing to do is to activate the USB Debugging Mode, and for this go to Settings, Applications, Development , USB debugging and enable this feature. Make sure that your Galaxy S2 has at least 40% battery life left, otherwise your device might shut down during the software update and that might lead to bricking the smartphone.
Keep in mind: Read the article thoroughly before proceeding with the update process, because if something happens to your device, as a result of incorrectly applying these instructions we cannot be blamed or held responsible for this. But in case some issues appear along the way, let us know and we will do our best to help you with that.
If you have finished with the above mentioned preparations please head on to the second part of this guide, where we will show you step by step how to apply the software update on your Samsung Galaxy S 2. Pay attention and don’t forget to tell us how it went.
Guide for Updating the Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE GT-I9205 with the new XXUAMEA Jellybean 4.2.2 Software:
- Now, download the Odin tool in your computer, as well as the XXUAMEA Firmware version of Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware. Follow the links, and when the download is finished, extract the files in your PC and open the Odin tool.
- Next thing to do is to place the smartphone into Download Mode. In order to do so with your Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE GT-I9205, you have to turn it off and and after that press and hold simultaneously the buttons Volume Down Rocker key, Menu key and after that press on Power On. The device will open and the Download Mode Green Robot icon will appear on its screen. Then, you can release the buttons.
- If all is set, connect the Galaxy S2 to your computer using its USB original cord. When the drivers of the device will be installed completely on your PC, on Odin you will see that the ID:COM section has turned Yellow or Green.
- Now click on the PDA option in Odin and browse for the file obtained after the extraction, which should be a file with .tar extension.
- After the update has been installed, your Galaxy S2 will reboot itself. Wait for this process to end as well, and then you can disconnect the phone from the PC and enjoy your fresh new software version.
Note: Everything should go well if you follow the above listed instructions and preparations, but if by any chance your device gets stuck into a boot loop or in the welcome screen and doesn’t do anything further, then you’ll have to remove the battery, wait a few seconds and reinsert the battery. Then, take it from the top with the update guide.
If any other issues appear during the firmware update process, let us know in the comment section below and we will try do help you with that. Feel free to give us your opinion regarding the update.