Update Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Paranoid Android
Here we have some good news for Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 users: now you can update your device with the latest Jellybean 4.2.2 Paranoid Android firmware. It has all the great Jellybean features and lots of colours for the UI, as you have expected. As there are no rumours regarding an official Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware, we will guide you below through the whole firmware installation process, hoping to give you all the necessary details for a pleasant experience. Note also that this firmware update will void the warranty of your device but any time, with a click on the next link How to Update Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with Official ICS 4.0.4 XWLPO Firmware you can return to the initial firmware of your phone.
Before we start with the detailed process on how to update your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with Jellybean 4.2.2 Parandroid Firmware, it is required to follow the next pre-requisite steps:
Step 1: Data back-up
All the data in your device needs to be backed-up using the paths bellow but remember not tu use KIES for this data back-up job, because this is a custom ROM firmware and it doesn’t sustain KIES. So, for SMS use “SMS Backup & Restore app”, for Contacts - Sync with the Gmail application and for Call Log use Call Log and Restore. Images, Songs, Videos, Files should be copied to the internal / External SD Card and for APN and MMS Settings follow the next path: Applications -> Settings -> Wireless and Network -> Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
Step 2: USB Debugging
First of all make sure that you have a minimum 40% battery power left so that you can avoid the risk of having your phone off in the middle of the update process. Then you have the next path for enabling the USB Debugging Mode : Settings -> Applications -> Development ->USB debugging.
Step 3: Rooting your device
Being a custom ROM firmware, it implies your device to be routed before installing the update. So, in order to check whether your device is rooted or not, you have to access PLAY Store and download the “Root Checker” application. If your phone is not rooted, in the next links you can find all the necessarry information in order to complete the rooting process: How to Update Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with Official ICS 4.0.4 XWLPO Firmware ; How to Root Galaxy S2 GT I9100 on ICS XWLPO 4.0.4 Firmware.
Please carefully follow all the related instructions in this article in order to avoid causing any damages to your phone. We cannot be responsible for this issues as a result of not following the right mentioned directions.
Having all the three pre-requisite steps done, we can proceed to the update tutorial.
- Download Jellybean Paranoid Android Firmware 4.2.2 and Google Apps Package in your computer.
- Using the original USB cable, connect your phone to the computer and place the downloaded Paranoid Android Jellybean 4.2.2 Android firmware Package and Google Apps Package in the device.
- Get your phone in the download mode by switching it off and for entering in the recovery mode, press the Volume Up Key and the Centre button in the same time and then press the Power button. A green robot should announce that the recovery mode is set.
- Select “install zip from SD Card”and access the zip file placed in your device and also the Google Apps Package. Now, you just have to wait about 4-5 minutes for the update installation to be done. In the end, reboot your device in the normal mode by selecting the option “Reboot System Now”.
- Confirm the firmware version - Paranoid Android Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware- in the Settings Menu : “About Phone”.
If you will face any problems with booting your device up or showing the home screen, then you will have to remove the battery and put in back for re-entering in the normal mode. Let us know about any issues that made it difficult for you updating your device. We will do our best to arrange it!