Update SONY Xperia ION LT 28i and LT 28h to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean 6.2.B.0.211 Official Stock ROM
Good news for those who own the SONY Xperia ION LT 28i/LT 2b hours phone! This smartphone can finally be updated with Android’s new firmware which is the Jelly Bean 4.1.2, also codenamed 6.2.B.0.211. Besides the software updates, this firmware also comes with bug fixes for the overheating issues and the camera force close error. Apart from these improvements, you will also see many new functions and features which have been integrated in the new firmware. Even though this update isn’t available yet worldwide but only in some countries, the update could be applied manually via this step-to-step guide.
Preparing your smartphone:
- Before heading on to the update process guide, you should make sure that the information stored on your device is safe. So, create backups of that data manually. Thus, at the end of the firmware update procedure you will be able to restore everything.
SMS backup– Use this link for info: SMS Backup & Restore app,
Contacts backup– Follow this path and Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log backup-Follow this link: Call Log and Restore
Backup your Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy these files on your internal or external SD Card,
Also backup the APN and MMS Settings – For this kind of backup go to Applications, enter the Settings Menu, select Wireless and Network then Mobile Networks and finally Access Point Names.
- Now you have to enable the USB Debugging Mode, so go to Settings, select Applications, then Development and USB Debugging Mode. Another thing you should check before moving on is the battery life, which should be at least 40 percent. Otherwise, the smartphone might get shut down before the update process is over.
Disclaimer: Make sure you understand the information presented in this guide and that you proceed accordingly. If the device gets damaged during the procedure because of you not applying these exact steps, we cannot be held responsible or liable for that matter. However, do let us know if you encounter any issues along the way and we will try to help you get past them.
Assuming you have finished preparing your device for the procedure, let’s head over to the next part of this tutorial where we will show you how to update your SONY Xperia ION LT 28i /LT 28h, with the new firmware Jellybean 4.1.2 6.2.B.0.211.
Guide for Updating the SONY XPERIA ION with the firmware Jellybean 4.1.2 6.2.B.0.211:
- First of all, download on your computer the firmware files for your Xperia ION by following this path Jellybean 4.1.2 6.2.B.0.211 Firmware Package (Alternate Link) and from here, the Flash tool. When the download is finished, extract both files and install the Flash tool on the PC.
- The next thing to do after extraction, is to put the obtained file (which should have the .ftf extension) in a new folder on your desktop which should preferably be named Xperia ION Firmware.
- Now go to the path where you have installed the Flash Tool, which should be C:\ Flash Tool.
- After opening the Flash Tool, click on the symbol “Thunder” which is placed in the top left section of the tool. In the popup window that appeared select Flashmode and then click Ok.
- When the firmware selection window shows up, click o the symbol”…” . Then browse after the .ftf firmware file previously saved on the desktop folder Xperia ION Firmware. Just select the path and the firmware file will be picked up automatically.
- Next thing to do is to turn off your smartphone, press on the button Volume Up Rocker and simultaneously connect the Xperia ION to the computer using its original USB cable. At this moment the smartphone should enter the Flash Mode and an indicator to that is the Blue LED on the Xperia which starts glowing.
- The firmware update process should begin instantly. The entire operation of updating the device’s firmware should normally last between 4 and 8 minutes. After this your smartphone will boot and this should take more than usual, as the device boots for the first time after the update.
- As soon as the process will end successfully, you can verify if the firmware has been correctly installed by going to the Settings Menu, then About Phone and select Build Number. Here you should see the new firmware name which should be Jellybean 4.1.2 6.2.B.0.211.
Note: Keep in mind that if your device gets stuck in a boot loop, turn it off and follow the guide from the beginning. If the device cannot be turned off normally by long pressing the power button then remove and reinsert the battery.
However, if you encounter any other unpleasant situations along the way, send us a comment and we will try to help you.
If everything went well, then you should be enjoying now on your smartphone SONY Xperia ION LT 28i /LT 28h the new Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2.